First, it’s important to clarify that there is NO separate membership to ANST. If you are a student or post-doctoral member of the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology (SCN—also known as Division 40 of the American Psychological Association or APA), you are automatically a member of ANST. In other words: by becoming a member of SCN, you automatically become a member of ANST! By joining SCN and ANST, you are joining the largest neuropsychology trainee organization in North America with an incredible number of benefits and resources to help you on your professional journey. Highlights include:
- Access to the ANST listserv, a community of over 1,850 members, which keeps you up-to date on all training related news, including information about scholarships and awards, training and leadership opportunities, didacts and other learning opportunities, navigating training milestones such as internship and postdoctoral fellowship, and much more.
- Access to membership within one of our 60+ ANST Interest Groups and our three (and growing) specialized ANST Focus Groups.
- Access to extensive resources to support your training and professional development through ANST and SCN.
- Access to the SCN Neuroblast and Newsletter and several other SCN organizations and listserv, including SCN’s Ethnic and Minority Affairs Committee and SCN’s Women in Neuropsychology.
- Opportunities to keep abreast of the latest clinical practice and training issues, professional standards in neuropsychology and trends in scientific research.
- Professional networking; mentoring; opportunities for research presentations and committee involvements for graduate students, fellows, and early career psychologists; various division awards recognizing early career achievements and scholarly research, and scholarships for graduate students in neuropsychology.
- Rich SCN program of scientific, educational, and social activities at the annual APA meeting
- Advocate through your membership and membership fees for the interests of neuropsychologists both as a division and in concert with the American Psychological Association (APA).
How much does it cost and how do I join?
- SCN (APA Division 40) student affiliate membership offers unmatched value at just $10 per year! Individuals who are in their first two years post-degree are eligible for reduced membership fees of $20 per year.
- To join SCN or renew your yearly membership, go to the APA Division Membership Website here. Register or sign in (if you already have an APA account), select Division 40 and join. There is no separate process for membership renewal. You membership is valid for the entire calendar year and you join again when it is expiring.
- You are not required to be a member of APA to be an SCN member. However, joining APA offers many more benefits and is strongly encouraged so that you can all the resources APA has to offer, including through the American Psychological association of Graduate Students [APAGS]. Learn more about the benefits APA here and join APA here.