What are the benefits of Membership?
Membership in the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology offers:
- Opportunity to keep abreast of the latest clinical practice and training issues, professional standards in neuropsychology and trends in scientific research
- Professional networking; mentoring; opportunities for research presentations and committee involvements for graduate students, fellows, and early career psychologists; various division awards recognizing early career achievements and scholarly research, and scholarships for graduate students in neuropsychology
- Five listservs that are open to all interested members (See the “SCN Listservs” page)
- A student organization – the Association of Neuropsychology Students in Training (ANST) – with an interactive website that provides networking for students and numerous student resources, with opportunities to learn about science, practice, and professional issues
- Newsletter that is published electronically twice yearly, in the Winter/Spring and Summer/Fall
- Rich program of scientific, educational, and social activities at the annual APA meeting
- Learn more about the benefits of membership here!
Membership is very reasonably priced at $45 per year for APA members ($55 for non-APA members); $20 for individuals who are in their first 2 years post degree; $10 for Student and International Affiliates.
Who can join?
Any psychologist, trainee, or individuals who share a professional interest in Clinical Neuropsychology are encouraged to join the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology. In completing the membership application, please note several important points:
- APA membership is not required in order to join SCN.
- New membership and membership renewal can be completed online through the APA Divisions Website or by mail by completing the membership form (see below). Individuals who are within two years post-doctoral degree must complete the paper form for the reduced rate.
If you completed the paper membership form below, please mail the form and include your dues in the form of a check or money order (checks made payable to “APA Division 40”) in the following amounts:
- $45 dues payment for APA Member, Fellow, or Associate Member of APA.
- $55 dues payment for Professional Affiliate Membership in our Division (i.e. qualified to join APA as a Member or Associate but do not have membership in APA).
- $20 dues payment for individuals who are within 2 years post degree (e.g. postdoctoral residents).
- $10 dues payment for Student, High School Teacher, and International Affiliate Membership.
For individuals with APA membership, please provide your APA Membership Number in the appropriate space on the paper application.
Membership will be for the current calendar year for all applications received prior to September 1 of the present year. After September 1, all memberships will be applied to next year.
You will receive a confirmation letter regarding your membership status in SCN once your application is processed. Membership in SCN is not a credential for the practice of Clinical Neuropsychology. Please see the membership form below for additional details about membership!
Obtain the Membership Application Form or join electronically (APA login required):
Winners of the 2019 SCN Membership Raffle
The individuals listed below are winners of free memberships in SCN for 2019. These names were selected at random by staff in the Division Services Office at APA. Keep a lookout for opportunities to win free membership in for the 2020 membership year!
HR Rausch, PhD
Luis D. Medina
Dennis J. Robinson
Brittani A. Baldwin Gracey, PsyD
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Keep your eye out for an opportunity to win a free SCN membership for 2020 later this year.
For additional membership questions, please contact:
Eric R. Larson, PhD
Membership Committee Chair
Society for Clinical Neuropsychology
APA – Division 40