PIAC Committee Chair: Michelle R. Madore, PhD
The Society for Clinical Neuropsychology (SCN) PIAC is overseen by a chairperson who manages the activities of subcommittees, including Community Outreach, Diversity, Ethics, five SCN liaisons to APA Committees, and a set of ad hoc advisors. Details regarding the mission and goals of PIAC are provided below.
SCN PIAC facilitates the public education mission of SCN and communicates with other professions, psychologists, and the public with the following goals:
- Advance the general awareness of the scientific study and clinical application of brain-behavior relationships.
- Develop materials for the membership, for other professions, and to the general public as to the above.
- Function as liaisons to other professions and to the general public in this regard.
- Address public interest issues that are raised by the membership.
- Work with the APA Public Interest Directorate on issues that relate to clinical neuropsychology.
- Use the division’s communication resources to inform the membership in a timely manner of public interest-related issues and developments.
SCN’s PIAC mission is well-aligned with the mission of APA’s Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest, which encourages the generation and application of psychological knowledge on issues important to human well-being.
In particular, SCN PIAC works to enhance scientific understanding and training to professional aspects pertaining to culture, class, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, and discrimination, and to support improving educational training opportunities for all.